Sunday, April 10, 2011

What The Night Knows, Dean Koontz

If you haven't read Dean Koontz before, I'll give you a quick run down.  His books are sometimes scary, sometimes downright terrifying, sometimes just suspenseful...but always inspiring in some way.  This is why I love him.  His books might scare the beejesus out of you, but there is always some kind of inspiring message underneath it all. 
This one was very, very scary - it was what I refer to as a "daytime only" book, since I can't read it before bedtime, lest I have bad dreams. 
Our main character, John Calvino, killed the serial murderer who broke into his home and killed his parents and sisters when he was just a teenager.  Now, it seems, the murders are happening again, and perpetrated by the most unlikely characters.  John fears that the killer, Alton Turner Blackwood, is somehow back...and that John's own family might be next. 
I will be totally honest and say while this was not my favorite Koontz novel, I did thoroughly enjoy it - during daytime hours only, natch. 
This book deals with the supernatural, violent and sometimes graphic crimes, as well as some sexual content and innuendo.  It's not for the faint of heart, but if you like a good scare, give it a try.  During the day, preferably.

No comments:

Post a Comment